Please report success, failure, confusion, excitement, etc. to .
It really does help!
Are you a regular KCR internet listener?
Then please become a member and help support the radio station.
To Listen to KCR's Live Internet Stream, try:
- Try the high bitrate stream first.
- You need a 56 kbps modem or better.
- You also need a sound player program like WinAmp or Sonique. (Check the bottom of this page if you don't already have one of these programs.)
- Try high bitrate #2 if Windows Media Player says that it "cannot connect to the server".
(If you really want to know, you can read the gory details.)
If your web browser doesn't know how to open your sound program automatically, then you should open it yourself, then tell it to play from the following address:
Windows Media Player example:
- Open Windows Media Player
- Click the File menu
- Choose "Open URL..."
- Type (or copy-n-paste) http://stream.cjly.net:9353/ into the box
- Click OK
- Open Winamp
- Right-click the Open button (it looks like an Eject button)
- Choose "Load location..."
- Type (or copy-n-paste) http://stream.cjly.net:9353 into the box
- Click OK
- Many people with 56K modems have reported buffering problems. If the signal pauses frequently, you should try increasing the size of your sound program's buffer. Look for this under "Preferences" or "Options."
- If you have a 28 or 33 kbp/s modem, or if you have trouble with the
high bitrate stream, please try our 24 kb/s low bitrate stream.
If that link doesn't work, tell your sound player program to play from this address:
- If you don't have a sound player program, you can download WinAmp Lite (502K) or download Sonique (2250K) from their respective web sites.
- If you have a Mac, and you have at least OS X v10.1.1 (9.0.4 if you're on 9) then you can download iTunes from Apple. New Mac systems should work with the bundled version of iTunes.
If you have an older PowerPC Mac, try SoundApp.
- If, like me, you use a free operating system like Linux or FreeBSD, then you probably already have mpg123.
Type "mpg123 http://stream.cjly.net:9353/" and turn up the volume!